Congratulations! You’ve been invited to apply for a spot on this incredible trip, June 3-8, 2018. Please read the following carefully and complete the application. IMPORTANT: J. is personally reading and responding to every communication. This is not an automated process. If there is something in the application that gives you pause, please email him about it. Although we can’t take everyone, we’re going to do our best to find the right authors for this experience. We’ve sold out the first retreat and had hundreds of people express interest but we’re keeping the total number of attendees to a small number so we can deliver the best experience possible.
1. Complete the formal application within seven (7) days from now.
2. J. will contact you for a Skype interview.
3. If we mutually agree that you are a good fit, you will receive an invoice.
What We Guarantee:
- Online meetings, story development, and preparation for the collaboration prior to the trip.
- A five- or six-day experience of a lifetime in an incredible city.
- A developmental edit of your story by a certified Story Grid editor (J.) which is a $1,000 value.
- You and your fellow co-writers (2-3) own 100% of the story rights/IP which Molten Universe Media will publish in an anthology. J. and Zach will revise your work, pay for an editor, a proofreader, and a cover designer, but we do NOT get a single dime of royalties. You own it. In addition, we’ll promote the anthology.
- Daily publishing and marketing workshops designed to take your author platform to the next level.
- Mastery of the tools and tactics to manage this collaboration as well as any future collaborations you launch.
Why Zach and J.:
Do you know why Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky didn’t have a successful coaching career? It’s because being great doesn’t necessarily make you a great teacher. J. has a Master’s Degree in Education and has been teaching in one form or another for 22 years. Zach has a long history of entrepreneurial ventures including weight-loss program development and the publication of a personal fitness book prior to writing fiction.
$6,995 ($6,495 early bird special good until December 1, 2017) which includes a ticket on Amtrak’s City of New Orleans train from Chicago to New Orleans (including a shared sleeper car and meals on the train), a dedicated work space in the French Quarter, and the incredible guarantee above. You must find your own way to Chicago plus return home from New Orleans, and pay for your own hotel, food & entertainment.